Tumblr Dashboard Image Sizes:
- Photo post: 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view; 1280 by 1920 pixels for high-res version (except for superwide panoramas).
- Photoset: 500-pixel width for one image in a photoset row. 245-pixel width for two images in a photoset row. 160-pixel width for three images in a photoset row. Gutters are 10 pixels.
- Audio Post: 169 by 169 pixels for album art.
- Link Post: 130 by 130 pixels for the thumbnail image grabbed by Tumblr from web link (if available).
- Text Post: 125-pixel width for images added to a text post, which expand when clicked.
- Avatar: 64-by-64-pixel icon next to posts.
A mouth-watering fuck-ton of gun references.
Before you draw any gun, be absolutely certain you are familiar with the parts of a gun. That sounds cliché and dumb, but if you end up wondering “Why does this thing look so shitty?” it’s probably ‘cause you don’t know how a gun works. Know how it moves and what fits in where. And please know where the hands are placed when firing!!! If you hold a gun at the wrong place, you can lose a finger! Also know where the head will be positioned. The person will be looking down the barrel to line up the sights (the two protruding thingies at the top that help you pinpoint your target). Don’t know enough about guns, let alone what type to utilize? Here (the Glock and the “Frag Nade” are mixed up):
And if you’re pro on guns, here’s an orgasmic list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_firearms
And if you wanna get a little creative:
I’m always a fan of the minigun………
[From various sources]
A lovely fuck-ton of basic deer references (per request; the antlers are a bonus).
For all those artists out there who want to know more about color picking, here’s a belated Christmas gift to y’all!
I don’t think it’s in very good form to allow “drawings below to their respective artists” fly without the person actually linking to or mentioning any of the artists who actually made the works featured on the last page. I especially don’t like that dA’s tumblr reblogged this without an issue. This isn’t okay! Was permission even obtained in any of the cases? It’s not listed on the Deviation itself, either.
Sigh, it hurts my very soul to see such things seeing as this is a nice little tutorial.
All it took to find these was a reverse image search, OP, so them being ‘from my inspiration folder' is no excuse.
I would recommend that you add the artists’ names into the file name when you save things in future, or take a few seconds to reverse image search them.
Give credit where credit is due.
I’m a writer not a murderer
I’m a cook not a murderer
a bunch of people were saying they found my last arm study helpful, so i thought i’d post my other ones here too :D
omg third one on the second row is the reference I’ve been needing for a picture forever